READY TO START APPLYING?
IAU College of Medicine requires a minimum of 90 credit hours of college courses and strongly recommends that applicants earn a degree from an accredited undergraduate institution. Listed below are the following courses that are prerequisites for the 4 year- MD Program.
Applicants that are missing any of the prerequisites will ONLY be eligible to apply to the Combined Premed /MD Program (5 years).
Required Prerequisites (MD Program)
|General Biology or Zoology||1 year with labs|
|Inorganic Chemistry (General or Physical)||1 year with labs|
|Organic Chemistry||1 year with labs|
|Physics I||1 semester with labs|
|Mathematics (Calculus OR Statistics)||1 semester|
|English I||1 year|
Success in higher level science courses such as cell biology, anatomy, physiology, microbiology, or biochemistry may strengthen a candidate’s application.
Planning your expenses and the affordability of your education is an important factor in your decision of choosing the right school. Please explore the link provided to answer all questions about the types of scholarships, financial aid, eligibility criteria, application procedures and financing options. Read More
Tuition (Academic Year 2019-2020)
Terms 1-4: $6000/semester
Semester 1-4: $7500/semester
Semester 5: $7,100 (Tuition does not include cost of USMLE World or Review Course)
Semester 6-10: $13,500/semester
While applications are accepted on a rolling basis for all terms, applicants are encouraged to submit the online application and all supporting documents by the dates stated below for each term.
|Term||Application Deadline||Classes Begin|
In order to process any application the following documents must be submitted to the International American University College of Medicine Office of Admissions, located in Dallas, TX.
Required Supporting Documents:
- Two Passport size photographs
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (minimum 2)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcripts
- MCAT Score (recommended but not required)
Transcript Evaluations are required for coursework that is completed outside the United States.
Additional Supporting Documents for PREMED Applicants:
U.S. Applicants requirements:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with strong GPA in Science
- SAT Scores (Applicants who have appeared for the SAT or Advanced Placement (AP) exams can request to submit scores to the Office of Admissions using the institutional SAT identification number for the College Board: 4375
International Applicants requirements:
- Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Ordinary Levels (or equivalent) for Mathematics, Science, Biology, Chemistry, English and at least one other Subject (CARICOM Applicants)
- Matriculation examination such as South African or Australian Examination (or the equivalent) with strong science grades
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Minimum of 3 General Certificate of Education (GCE)advanced level examinations (or the equivalent) with strong sciences grades
Other Requirements only applicable if English not the principal language:
- TOEFL Scores of minimum 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), or 100 (internet-based) TOEFL Institution identification number is: 8625
- ILETS Score of 6.5 (Only one is required either TOEFL or ILETS)
Additional Supporting Documents for TRANSFER Applicants:
- Official transcript(s) from previous medical school(s)
- Official USMLE transcripts (if attempted)
- Score reports for all previous CBSE attempts (if attempted)
All admissions documents should be specifically address to the following:
International American University College of Medicine
Office of Admissions
1255 W 15th St., Suite 100
Plano, TX 75075
Congratulations! You are almost done. Please be prepared to submit your $100 USD Application fee along with your Online Application. Should you require any more assistance, feel free to submit your application incomplete, and send an email out to email@example.com, requesting for some more help.