5 year MD program (Combined Premed – MD Program)
The five year program is a combined premed and MD program specifically designed for International students (non US or Canadian) and students who come from non US and Canadian system of education. Students who have completed Higher Secondary course work or equivalent are eligible to apply for this program. Students who come from the British ‘A’ Level system or who have taken college level courses during their higher secondary education can apply for the premed program as you might be eligible for credit transfer into the Premed program.
Advantages of the 5 year MD Program
- This program is tailored in the US model with premed courses that meets the US admission requirements.
- Premed and MD program can be completed in 5 years
- This is a combined program where students will be exposed to the medical curriculum and structure from the initial stages.
- Class size in this program is limited to 25 students
In order to be considered for Admission to an undergraduate program, the following documents must be submitted.
- Application for Admission (https://iau.edu.lc/pre-med-application-for-admission/)
- Application fee of $100 (nonrefundable)
- One passport sized photo
- Personal Statement explaining why you want to become a physician
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources (one is required from an academic source)
- Resume listing extracurricular or medical volunteer activities
- Official transcripts for all coursework completed thus far Transcript Evaluation (https://iacei.credentialconnection.com/) for coursework completed outside the United States