As an IAU student, we guarantee the satisfaction of each of the various “levels” of credentials necessary for U.S., Canadian & International Licensure.
IAU is chartered and accredited by the Government of Saint Lucia as a comprehensive university with the authority to confer the Doctor of Medicine degree. The Departments of Education and Health of St. Lucia approved the eligibility of IAU College of Medicine graduates to practice medicine in St. Lucia.
- ECFMG: IAU is recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). This grants you the right to take all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), which must be passed to become a practicing physician in the U.S.
- World Directory of Medical School (WDMS): IAU is currently listed in WDMS which has been developed through a partnership between the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) in collaboration with the World Health Organization and the University of Copenhagen. This Directory replaces Avicenna directory previously maintained by World Health Organization and International Medical Education Directory Maintained by FAIMER
- Medical Council of Canada: IAU is recognized by the Medical Council of Canada and Graduates are eligible for Licensure in Canada.
- Ministry of Education, St Lucia: IAU is registered with the Ministry of Education St Lucia.
- St Lucia Medical & Dental Council: IAU is recognized by St Lucia Medical & Dental Council.
- Europa World of Learning: IAU is also listed in Europa World Directory which is a database of accredited higher education institutions around the world.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU): IAU is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and listed in their University database. IAU is the only School in St Lucia listed in this directory and one of the few Caribbean schools listed.
- Medical Council of India: IAU is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and graduates are eligible to sit for MCI’s Screening Test.
- Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP): IAU recently submitted its full application for accreditation to CAAM-HP.