For Citizens and Permanent Residents of the United States
Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan®
We are pleased to announce that we have been approved for the Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae. The Smart Option Student Loan® allows qualified students to borrow up to 100% of the cost of attendance for the Doctor of Medicine program at International American University. The Smart Option Student Loan® offers two types of interest rates and multiple repayment options designed to save students money and make it easier to achieve their long-term financial and professional goals. Payments may be deferred until after students leave school or they may choose an in-school repayment option that fits their needs*.
Features of the Smart Option Student Loan:
The Smart Option Student Loan is an attractive alternative to federal student loans and other financing vehicles*— one that can help you make a smart start on the road to a graduate health professions degree.
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance (minimum $1,000).*
- A quick credit result.Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
- A lower interest rate. Get a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.*
- Smart Reward® — 2% cash back.When you become a Upromise® member (which is free to join) and choose the Interest or Fixed Repayment Option you can get a Smart Reward in your Upromise account of 2% of your scheduled monthly payments that are made on time while in school.*
- Graduated Repayment Period.The Smart Option Student Loan is the only nationwide private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature*, providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students in good standing can sign up at the end of their separation period to make interest payments for their first year of repayment. This could allow you to ease the transition to full principal and interest payments.
*For additional information about the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan® please visit:
Students who wish to apply can apply online by going to the following link:
Upon submitting the application students should contact the University’s Director of Financial Aid, Damini Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada
Canada Student Loan Program
The University is approved by the Government of Canada and is listed under the CanLearn Master Designated List (MDL). As a result, students can apply for grants and loans under the Canada Student Loan Program.
Additionally, applicants to the College of Medicine may apply for the Medical Professional Student Line of Credit at any Canadian Bank or financial institution for their studies at International American University.